What does it take to be a Bison?
Clear communication and expectations are highly valued by the Bisons organization, and we want to ensure all athletes are made aware of the expectations coming into Training Camp.
The CFR Chemicals Midget AAA Bisons roster will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Ultra-Competitive: Physical and mental effort with a relentless obsession to be successful and disciplined.
- IQ & Hockey Sense: High level decision-making and execution under adverse conditions through developed habits.
- Puck Management & Puck Patience: Possess an outstanding panic scale and consistently keep pucks alive through puck distribution or puck ownership.
- SAQ & Escapability: Ability to move at a high pace with body control, dynamic mobility and conceptual awareness.
- Innovation & Deception: Courage to try and execute creative tactics and skills with unpredictability.
- Stick Skills: Offensive and defensive proficiency to move, tip, handle, shoot, elevate and check pucks.
- Strength & Power: Size is not a factor and players are able to exert their â€œwillâ€ on opponents and do so consistently shift after shift and game after game.
A large emphasis will also be placed on the fitness component of Training Camp. Athletes are encouraged to train throughout the off-season with the following priorities in mind:
- Strength through high, dynamic mobility, and
- Relentless, high-paced conditioning
A Fitness Test will be conducted as part of Training Camp, with the following expectations:
- Bench Press:
- Body Weight + 20lbs (AMRAP)
- Chin Ups:
- Players Weighing 120-149lbs = 15 reps
- Players Weighing 150-174lbs = 12 reps
- Players Weighing 175lbs + = 10 reps
Should you have any questions over the summer, please don't hesitate to contact the Coach.
Train purposefully, with intent and relentless effort, and we'll see you in September!
The Bisons Head Coach:
Brad Bourke - firstname.lastname@example.org