Hello AMHA Members,
Airdrie Minor Hockey will be hosting the upcoming Canadian Tire First Shift Program. The program is designed as a way to ease prospective children and families into hockey by allowing access to a low commitment, affordable and fun ‘trial’ run.
We will need help from our members to ensure this program is a success.
We have secured a Lead On-Ice Instructor for the program, but still require 6 associate instructors, and 2 PeeWee-Midget players aged 13-17 for assistant instructors.
We will also need Welcome event volunteers.
All instructors for the event will receive Bauer: Helmet, Gloves, Stick and Training suit (that you get to keep!)
We will have final selections for the program by Friday, January 25th, 2019.
Please ensure you meet all the minimum requirements for the position you are applying for and that you are available for all the dates the program runs.
You must be available for ALL following dates:
· January 29th - Ron Ebbesen Arena - 4:30-8:30
On Ice Sessions:
· Sunday February 17 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
· Sunday February 24 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
· Sunday March 3 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
· Sunday March 10 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
· Sunday March 17 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
· Sunday March 24 - Plainsmen Arena - 10:45-11:45AM
ON-ICE ASSOCIATE COACHES
To be selected as an Associate Coach you must:
· Possess your Respect in Sport Activity Leader and have a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons Check done
· Possess a hockey/coaching background OR/AND a strong desire/ability to learn instructional techniques in the delivery of fundament hockey drills.
· Have experience or a desire to work with young children.
· Strong communications skills, passion and patience.
Responsibilities of on-ice instructors
· Successfully complete the instructors training program
· Participate in a welcome event
· Deliver curriculum as provided by Hockey Canada
· Provide instruction based on the program philosophy.
· Focus on fun.
· Provide locker room support to participants and parents before and after on-ice sessions
· Demonstrate effective leadership on and off the ice
· Teach and model respectful behavior, fairness, and good sportsmanship.
ON-ICE ASSISTANT COACHES
To be selected as an Assistant Coach you must:
· Be a player in good standing with AMHA aged 13-17.
· Be enthusiastic and engaging role models to first-time hockey participants
· Be in good standing with AMHA and reflect the values associated with AMHA and the Canadian Tire First Shift Program
· Be available for welcome session and all on-ice sessions
WELCOME EVENT VOLUNTEERS
If you are interested in volunteering for the event in a different capacity we will require at least 10 additional people at the welcome event.
The event takes place January 29th, 2019 from 4:30-8:30 PM at the Ron Ebbesen Arena.
Volunteers will be primarily used to pass out sizes of equipment and keep groups of children together, promote a passion and love for hockey, and aid in set-up/takedown
Thank you for your help in welcoming new families to hockey and sharing your love and passion for the sport!